I really liked the polish of MentorMob, but I think I'll focus this post on my desire to integrate more video into my mathematics classroom. Hence, my curation tool of choice would be YouTube because that would allow me to curate my own videos, and it also provides a source for video created by others.
I currently keep class webpages on Google Sites, and this is fairly easy to work with as a classroom resource center. I used to use Wikispaces, and I cannot speak highly enough of this as a classroom tool. Not only does it allow you to store content, but it also allows students to create pages within your site, and it provides an easy-to-use discussion forum. I've embedded a Google Group in my Google Site for students to post questions, but my Google Site does not allow students to create their own pages as Wikispaces does. I left Wikispaces because I could not control the look of the site, but I have not really found anything to beat it in terms of content.
I have just revisited MentorMob and feel I must revise my first paragraph. I think MentorMob has the power to archive resources for an online lesson that integrates video, sound, weblinks, even quizzes. Thus, I am picking MentorMob as my tool of choice because it has the power to house an online learning module with various activities for students.
I guess I will have to check out Mentor Mob a little closer. With 3rd grade it may be over their heads and without 1:1 tech it may be even more difficult.
ReplyDelete