Saturday, June 22, 2013
Module 3, "Matrix"
This matrix is huge, and it is easy to get lost in all of the resources linked to it. I have not clicked on every example of every math lesson, but I've viewed enough of them to understand that technology plays a mid-level role in my math classroom, and that is all that can be hoped for, I'm afraid, until we achieve a one-to-one environment with reliable access. To the best of my understanding, I and my classroom are at the Adaption/Constructive level, occasionally stretching to the Infusion/Constructive level. Thanks to math software and graphing calculators, my students are not just passive recipients of technology. I frequently ask students to explore ideas using software. And thanks to the internal assessment required by the International Baccalaureate, at least twice a year, my students are required to explore an idea and to express their conclusions using a technology of their own choosing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think my response from your last post goes along with this one. I also want to add that one project that my son did in his exploration of Math/Geometry was having to make a "video" of him having to explain the process he took to answer a difficult Math question. He used the application/webpage Educreations. They have many lessons already uploaded for any subject. Check it out!!
ReplyDeleteOkay so I think I may have done mine wrong. Woops! That is okay. I am okay with it :) I teach special ed after all!! LOL. It sounds like your classroom is very much technology based and the students have freedom to explore and experiment with it so to say. Reliable access!! Wouldn't that be a dream!!
ReplyDelete